Thursday 27 February 2014

The Challenge list

The Challenge List


I thought long and hard about taking the easy route on this post and just calling it a bucket list like everyone else does.

But you know what, I don't just want my personal list to be chock full of things that I could achieve by maxing out my credit card or taking out a loan. After all anyone can visit Hawaii if they really want to.

After rattling on about the importance of setting goals recently, I decided that I wanted my list to be made up of things which would require some effort on my part.
That way I will ,hopefully, feel a sense of genuine achievement with each one I am able to cross off.

To make life easier for myself (plus to make this a little more interesting for you!) I have broken my challenges into categories and will be crossing them off and adding to them on what I hope will be a regular basis.

If I achieve something particularly awesome or interesting I might even write a post about it...won't that be fun!

Anywho here it is in all it's glory, my challenge list:

Health and Fitness

Get a "6-pack"
Run a sub 6 minute mile
Deadlift 500lb or above (PB 620lb 9th August 2012) 
Run a 5k
Run a 10k
Run a Half Marathon
Run a Marathon
Learn Capoeira 
Learn Karate (3rd dan blackbelt in Shotokan Karate - October 2006)
Learn Kickboxing (2nd degree blackbelt - Feb 2006)
Run Tough Mudder (Booked for Autumn this year WOOOH!)
50 consecutive pushups (February 15th 2014)
100 consecutive pushups
200 consecutive pushups
50 consecutive pull ups
Bench press 1.5x my border weight
Complete the 3 peaks challenge 
Swim the English Channel
Cycle Land's End to John O' Groats
Cycle Malin head to Mizen head


Travel

Drive across America
Visit all of the continents North America, Europe Africa, Asia, Australasia, South America and Antarctica
Get to Space
Drive across the Alps
Obtain Dual citizenship (English and Irish - March 2004)
Visit 20 Countries (12 so far)


Money and business

Raise £10k for charity
Raise £50k for charity
Raise £100k for charity
Earn £1Million
Bank 100K
Start my own company (December 2013)
Derive 100% of my income from my own business
Hold a patent


Experiences and events

Glastonbury
Burning Man
V Festival (2004,2005,2006 - Cheltenham)
Drive around the Nurburgring
See the Northern Lights from within the Arctic Circle
Swim with dolphins in the Florida Keys
Ride an airboat (Think Burt Reynolds in White lightning but more awesome)


Self Improvement

Become fluent in a second language
Publish an Ebook (Cooking with Fire, August 2012)
Publish a physical book
Learn to fly a helicopter
Learn to fly a plane
Learn to Scuba Dive
Learn to DJ 
Grow all my own fruit and vegetables for a full year


Fun Stuff

Be an extra on TV
Be an extra in a film
Get inside a bank vault (National Reserve NYC, 20th Feb 2006)
Fire a pistol
Fire a rifle  Fire an assault rifle on full auto (SA80 L85, LSW and AR15)
Host my own Radio show
Do a Bungee Jump
Learn to Paraglide
Do a parachute jump
Drive at over 150mph Drive at over 200mph




No comments:

Post a Comment